Jaleh's Simple Caesar Salad Dressing
- Cook 1 egg in boiling water for 1 minute
- Break the egg into a small bowl and add...
- 2 tablespoons white wine or tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
3. Whisk continuously until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
This should make 3/4cup. Keep refrigerated for up to 2 days. For salad use Romaine lettuce, bacon (optional), croutons and Parmesan cheese.
Homemade dressings are more simple than you may think! Use these tips and have fun!
- Fat or oil + acid = salad dressing. These are the main ingredients.
- Fats = olive oil, grapeseed oil, sesame seed oil, etc.
- Acids = vinegar (such as balsamic, rice, wine vinegar), lemon or lime juice, other citrus juices or sometimes for a mild flavor fruit juices can be used.
- Thickening agents= avocado, fruit, vegetable, mayo, sour cream, yogurt, and some cheeses such as feta cheese.
- For best results, use 3 parts oil to 1 part acid.
- To offset the taste use honey or thickening agents, herbs, fruit juice, sugar and more...
- There are lots of flavoring agents, but some of my choices are mustard, mayo, fruits, herbs, spices, garlic and honey.