6-7:30pm Wed. 3/28/18 in the Basics Community Room
Already know you want to maximize plants and minimize processed foods... but need some help?
want specific tips on shopping, cooking and dining out ?
Here's your chance! Joan will be back to present Spring Time- Perfect time for a Plant/Slant Plan!
This program with popular presenter Joan Davis, MS, RN Plant-based Nutrition expert, will review successful transition strategies using demonstrations, role playing and interactive activities!
A Dozen Questions we’ll munch on as we slant towards plants:
- Don’t humans need meat to be healthy?
- Where will I get my protein?
- Will I get enough to eat or will I be hungry all the time?
- Will I get bored, eating only salads?
- Am I going to be spending all my time in the kitchen?
- Do I need to throw out all my old favorite recipes?
- Can I afford to eat this way?
- What about desserts? Do Coffee, Wine & Beer fit in a plant- based diet?
- Won’t I have cravings?
- How do I know if a food product is plant-based and unprocessed?
- How about eating out?
- Won’t my carnivore friends think I’m “weird?”
The focus will be practical hints and demonstrations to build the confidence of attendees as they aim towards healthier nutrition for themselves and their families. As always, Joan promises a program with NO nagging or lecturing, and a little bit of fun and humor!