Ready to Go Foods
The beauty of "prepared foods"—foods that are ready to go—is that you can eat delicious fare no matter how busy you are, how late you're working, or who you're feeding!
The trick, of course, is to locate a healthy source like your co-op deli, where skilled cooks prepare wholesome, scrumptious meals of all kinds, from soups and casseroles to salads and savory sandwiches.
Prepared natural and organic foods can be a great, affordable alternative to FAST FOOD - if you keep a few tips in mind. Here are some of our suggestions:
- Remember it's not all or nothing. Consider purchasing an entrée, but making your own side dishes with veggies you have at home. Or if you have the main dish covered, pick up a lively side or two to round out the meal.
- Made from scratch soup by the quart, and a fresh crusty La Brea baguette make for a simple and filling meal for four, with zero artificial ingredients, for just under $15! Hot soup to go is available until 2pm, or grab n' go from the deli case all day long.
- Feeding a mixed-age crowd? The kids will love a Smoothie of the Month for just $2, and you can make it "cool" (and more nutritious) by adding greens or protein for just $1.25!
- Ask a staff member for recommendations. What's their favorite combo? What's the best way to heat it at home? After all, the co-op is our spot for healthy meals in a hurry too!
- Protein comes in many different shapes and sizes at the co-op, including several well-rounded quinoa, bean, and lentil-based dishes. Consider a one-and-done meal like Zesty Quinoa, delicious served hot or cold.
- Whatever you choose, you'll know that your prepared foods from the co-op deli contain zero artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. You will always find vegan and gluten-free options, as well as a variety of heat-and-eat meal solutions.
Busy days do NOT have to MEAN mystery ingredients and greasy drive-throughs.
Stop by the co-op deli for better choices for the whole family!